Spacious living accommodation and business potential make this property a really attractive prospect.
Converted from what were originally farm buildings, 268 m2 of living space is currently arranged as an owners' apartment of 148 m2 (1st and 2nd floors) and a gîte for rentals of 120 m2 (ground and 1st floors).
The gîte is already up and running, taking bookings via an online agency, and has a 3-star rating (très bon confort).
This could be carried on by the new owners as a ready-made income stream.
Or this second apartment would serve very well as a full- or part-time home for extended family, such as grandparents.
The property also includes a plot of 648 m2 of land to the rear, which could be built upon.
- Generous living space.
- Separate apartment rented out as gîte.
- Plot of building land.
- Village-like area of Bellegarde.
- Easy commute into Geneva by train or road, suitable for frontalier workers.
- Solar panels with contract to sell power back to EDF. Contract can be transferred to new owners.
Apartment on 1st and 2nd floors (owners' accommodation):
- Equipped kitchen - installed in 2014 - Aviva brand.
- Lounge with working fireplace - renovated in 2018.
- 4 bedrooms.
- Office area with large built-in cupboards.
- Bathroom with corner whirlpool bath and combined shower/sauna unit.
- Separate toilet.
- Shower room with toilet.
- Lots of storage throughout.
- Air conditioning in bedrooms.
Apartment on ground and 1st floors (gîte):
- 3 bedrooms.
- Bathroom on ground floor.
- Separate toilet on ground floor.
- Laundry room.
- Shower room on first floor.
Behind the property there is also a plot of land which could be built on of 648 m2. From this land/garden, a sizeable storage room of 35 m2 is also accessible.
Garden of 240 m2 in front of the property including:
- Large, low-maintenance terrace.
- Small covered terrace in front of the gîte, ideal for al fresco dining for guests.
- Small terrace in front of entrance to owners' apartment on 1st floor.
- Covered parking for several cars.
- Pedestrian gate.
- Electric gate for vehicles.
- Wooden chalet for storage.
Solar panels were installed in 2010. A contract is currently in place to sell the power generated back to the grid. This earns the current owners approx. 2000 Euros per year. The contract can be transferred to the new owners, thereby offering additional income.
Just 800 m from the property are the Arlod maternelle and elementary schools.
There is a bakery just 500 m (7 minutes' walk) away, and a convenience store just 2 minutes' further on foot. For more choice, just 8 minutes' drive (4km) will take you to a large hypermarket.
From the property, Bellegarde station is just 3 km away. That's only 6 minutes by car and 10 minutes by bike approx. Direct trains to Geneva take just half an hour. TGV trains also stop in Bellegarde, taking you to Paris direct in just over 2 and a half hours. And to Marseille direct in just over 3 hours.
The close proximity to the Swiss Jura mountains means that skiing in winter and hiking/walking in summer are within easy reach.
The Monts Jura resort - just 17 km/ 27 minutes away by car - offers 41 pistes totalling 56 km. As well as downhill skiing, there is also cross-country.
- Type Onroerend Goed
- B&B / Gites
- 268 m²
- 1.167 m²
- Dubbele beglazing